You may encounter issues while checking your first tomcat docker container pulled from docker hub as below. I am find the issue for tomcat 9.0
I saw the reason why the default page is not shown under port 8080 as below
- Run your default tomcat docker container in detach mode using your favorite shell access utility (eg: putty)
docker run -d --name tomcat-container -p 8080:8080 tomcat-latest
2. Bash access the image
docker exec -it tomcat-container /bin/bash
3. Check the webapps folder under /usr/local/tomcat/webapps
The folder looks empty and that’ why you are finding the issue. No worries..
4. Check the folder found under /usr/local/tomcat/webapps.dist. Here you go. You have all contents available here.
5. Copy everything under the folder /usr/local/tomcat/webapps.dist to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps and that is the fix. Now your Tomcat page is back !
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
- MCSA, Microsoft Windows Server
- MCITP, Exchange Server
- ITIL V3 Certified