How to configure an Azure App from Marketplace in a custom domain
Hi everyone, I am trying to explain the configure an Azure App from Marketplace in your custom domain. I am explaining this with the help of ASP.Net starter Web App found at the market place.
1. Create the Azure Web Application
First, search for ‘App Services’ in Azure portal and open it
Add a new app and select the application as below
In the following page, I am showing how you can set the application properties
After setting everything as required, create the app. It will take some time to create it for you. Sit back and relax 🙂
Check the Notification page for the completion notice and got to the next step
2. Access the web application from Azure Domain
The web app is now available from the following domain
Here, aspazureapp is the name I have given above while the creation of the app. Remaining name (azurewebsites.net) is common for everyone
3. Change the Azure Web Application’s domain name to custom domain
Now, you can set the domain name as your own domain or you can purchase a new domain for that.
Go to the ‘Custom Domains’ settings of the azureapp and click ‘Add Domain’
In this example, I am trying to host the application in my own existing domain.
Type your custom hostname and click ‘Validate’
Now, you need to add the Azure suggested records in your domain DNS as you found at the bottom of the window
Once, you add the required records, you can successfully validate the records by clicking ‘validate’ again.
Click ‘Add Hostname’ to complete the settings.
Now, you can access the ASP.Net starter Web App in your domain name successfully. Have a nice time !
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals